You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
Major changes for release 2.0b1¶
- Support for versioning in S3
- Support for MFA Delete in S3
- Support for Elastic Map Reduce
- Support for Simple Notification Service
- Support for Google Storage
- Support for Consistent Reads and Conditional Puts in SimpleDB
- Significant updates and improvements to Mechanical Turk (mturk) module
- Support for Windows Bundle Tasks in EC2
- Support for Reduced Redundancy Storage (RRS) in S3
- Support for Cluster Computing instances and Placement Groups in EC2