You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
This release includes Amazon Route53 service and documentation updates, preliminary log file support for Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), as well as various other small fixes. Also included is an opt-in to use signature version 4 with Amazon EC2.
IMPORTANT - This release also include a SIGNIFICANT underlying change
to the Amazon S3
get_bucket method, to addresses the blog post by AppNeta.
We’ve altered the default behavior to now perform a
HEAD on the bucket, in
place of the old
GET behavior (which would fetch a zero-length list of
This should reduce all users costs & should also be mostly
backward-compatible. HOWEVER, if you were previously parsing the exception
S3Connection.get_bucket, you will have to change your code
(see the S3 tutorial for details).
HEAD does not return as detailed of
error messages & while we’ve attempted to patch over as much of the differences
as we can, there may still be edge-cases over the prior behavior.
- Add support for Route53 API version 2013-04-01 (issue 2080, commit 600dcd0)
- Add option to opt-in for EC2 SigV4 (issue 2074, commit 4d780bd)
- Add Autoscale feature to get all adjustment types (issue 2058, issue 1538, commit b9c7e15)
- Add Route53 unit tests (issue 2066, commit e859576)
- Add a basic Route53 tutorial (issue 2060, commit f0ad46b)
- Add Autoscale associated public IP to launch configuration (issue 2051, issue 2028, issue 2029, commit c58bda6)
- Add option to pass VPC zone identifiers as a Python list (issue 2047, issue 1772, commit 07ef9e1)
- Add RDS call to get all log files (issue 2040, issue 1994, commit 925b8cb)
- Changed S3
HEADin place of
GET. (issue 2078, issue 2082, commit 016be83)
- Fix EMR’s describe_cluster_command. (issue 2034, commit 1c5621e)
- Tutorial small code fix (issue 2072, commit 38e7db1)
- Fix CloudFront string representation (issue 2069, commit 885c397)
- Route53 doc cleanup (issue 2059, commit d2fc38e)
- Fix MWS parsing of GetProductCategoriesForASIN response. (issue 2024, commit 0af08ce)
- Fix SQS docs for get_queue_attributes (issue 2061, commit 1cdc326)
- Don’t insert a ‘?’ in URLs unless there is a query string (issue 2042, issue 1943, commit c15ce60)