You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
This release adds region support for
eu-central-1 , support to create
virtual mfa devices for Identity and Access Management, and fixes several
- Calculate sha_256 correctly for s3 (issue 2691, commit c0a001f)
- Fix MTurk typo. (issue 2429, issue 2428, commit 9bfff19)
- Fix Amazon Cognito links in docs (issue 2674, commit 7c28577)
- Add the ability to IAM to create a virtual mfa device. (issue 2675, commit 075d402)
- PEP8 tidy up for several modules. (issue 2673, commit 38abbd9)
- Fix s3 create multipart upload for sigv4 (issue 2684, commit fc73641)
- Updated endpoints.json for cloudwatch logs to support more regions. (issue 2685, commit 5db2ea8)