You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
Add support for ap-northeast-2, update documentation, and fix several bugs.
- Autodetect sigv4 for ap-northeast-2 (issue 3461, commit c2a17ce)
- Added support for ap-northeast-2 (issue 3454, commit c3c1ddd)
- Remove VeriSign Class 3 CA from trusted certs (issue 3450, commit 8a025df)
- Add note about boto3 on all pages of boto docs (commit 9bd904c)
- Fix for listing EMR steps based on cluster_states filter (issue 3399, commit 0f92f35)
- Fixed param name in set_contents_from_string docstring (issue 3420, commit e30297b)
- Closes #3441 Remove py3 test whitelist Update rds to pass on py3 Update mturk to pass tests on py3 Update cloudsearchdomain tests to work with py3 (issue 3441, commit 5b2f552)
- Run tests against py35 (commit 7d039d0)
- Fix Glacier test failure in python 3.5 due to MagicMock (issue 3412, commit d042f07)
- Undo log message change BF(PY3): use except ... as syntax instead of except ..., (commit 607cad7)
- Fix travis CI builds for PY3 (issue 3439, commit 22ab610)
- Spelling fixes (issue 3425, commit f43bbbd)
- Fixed docs (issue 3401, commit 4f66311)
- Add deprecation notice to emr methods (issue 3422, commit cee6159)
- Add some GovCloud endpoints (issue 3421, commit 5afc068)