You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
The 2.7.0 release of boto is now available on PyPI.
You can get a comprehensive list of all commits made between the 2.6.0 release and the 2.7.0 release at https://github.com/boto/boto/compare/2.6.0...2.7.0.
This release includes:
- Added support for AWS Data Pipeline - commit 999902
- Integrated Slick53 into Route53 module - issue 1186
- Add ability to use Decimal for DynamoDB numeric types - issue 1183
- Query/Scan Count/ScannedCount support and TableGenerator improvements - issue 1181
- Added support for keyring in config files - issue 1157
- Add concurrent downloader to glacier - issue 1106
- Add support for tagged RDS DBInstances - issue 1050
- Updating RDS API Version to 2012-09-17 - issue 1033
- Added support for provisioned IOPS for RDS - issue 1028
- Add ability to set SQS Notifications in Mechanical Turk - issue 1018
There were 447 commits in this release from 60 different authors. The authors are listed below, in alphabetical order:
- Alex Schoof
- Andy Davidoff
- Benoit Dubertret
- Rafael Cunha de Almeida
- Robie Basak